|Date Posted||December 4, 2019|
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||4011 Green Pond Rd.|
Memory Care-Dementia/Alzheimer's Program Manager
Country Meadows is one of the three senior living communities in the US that is recognized by Volunteers of America for our Validation Technique and certification. As the Program Manager for our Memory Care Alzheimer's and Dementia neighborhood, you will plan, implement and oversee the Memory Care Program in accordance with company guidelines. You will also provide line management supervision of co-workers on the Memory Support Neighborhood as they care and assist residents in activities of daily living and participation.
As a family-owned and involved company, we honor the care and commitment our co-workers share every day by providing:
- Competitive compensation.
- A rich benefits package.
- Career and growth opportunities.
- Financial support with tuition for continued education.
- A family-like environment and team philosophy that encourage relationship-building with our residents.
- Supervises all memory care co-workers to ensure their success in support of resident well-being.
- Maintains staffing schedules to meet the needs of the neighborhood.
- Utilizes Validation-based approaches to care when working with residents who exhibit challenging behaviors and models and teaches those approaches to co-workers.
- Builds family relationships and educates and counsels family members on Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Participates in recruiting, interviewing and selecting neighborhood personnel; reacts in a timely fashion to ensure continuous full staffing.
- Addresses staff development needs by presenting and participating in education and healthcare programs, including initial training of new co-workers and assistance with formal Program training plan.
- Prior experience in assisted living, long term care or skilled nursing facility preferred.
- Experience in managing volunteers and/or staff within a geriatric setting preferred but not mandatory.
- College degree in Recreation Therapy / Human or Social Services/Gerontology and/or two (2) years of equivalent work experience in field.
- Willing to complete Validation training to level of Certified Group Worker.
- Valid driver’s license; must have clean driving record with no major violations over the past five (5) years.
- Ability to complete and maintain certification in CPR.
- Ability to perform the physical tasks required in this type of role.
About Country Meadows:
- We have over 2500 co-workers who are serving our residents with meaning, thriving with purpose and leading our company with innovation! We have been serving seniors for over 30 years, and we invite you to join our vision for making lives better.