|Date Posted||March 14, 2019|
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||4837 East Trindle Road|
Culinary Associate (Cook)
A co-worker’s job title is only the beginning of who he/she is to our residents because here, each co-worker serves a position and a purpose. We care for our residents the way we all would want to be treated: with dignity, compassion and respect. To honor the care and commitment that they offer to our residents every day, we work hard to provide a rich benefit package, an environment which encourages career development and competitive compensation.
The Culinary Associate (Cook) prepares food items including box mix baking in accordance with the menu and company standards. Cook must understand how to follow recipes to ensure consistency. Provides excellent customer service to meet or exceed resident dining expectations.
• Ensures quality of food at all times.
• Keeps area and equipment clean and maintains sanitation.
• Fills out temperature sheets, and daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning charts.
• Ensures all prep is completed for the following day per the prep sheets
• Serves and ensures that food is at correct temperatures
• Handles knives on a regular basis be required or assigned by management.
• Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and comprehend the same.
• Must be flexible enough to adjust to the needs of the residents.
• Willingness to learn food preparation techniques and presentation.
• Ability to work effectively with immediate supervisor.
• Ability to work in harmony with co-workers. Must display team behaviors.
• Able to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Maintains a clean a sanitary work station.
• Knowledge of and compliance with QMI requirements.
• Observes for signs of resident abuse or neglect. Takes immediate action to prevent harm and to report incidents according to company policy and state law.
• Protects resident rights and confidential information according to state and federal laws.
• Ability to multitask.
• Must be dependable, punctual, self-motivated, and able to work without constant supervision.
• In case of fire or other internal disaster, assists in evacuating residents to exits.
• Ability to communicate - vision/reading/hearing.
• Mobility/ Manual Dexterity.
• Continuous standing (100%).
• Walking (20%).
• Lifting and carrying (40 lbs.) and push/pull 100lbs.
• Frequent pushing and pulling/occasional stooping/bending/crouching.
•Workplace includes entire campus and occasional off-site functions.
• Equipment use: walk-in and reach-in coolers / steam tables / mixers / tongs / knives / spatulas / plates / griddles / ovens / broilers / microwaves / ladles / measuring utensils, etc.
• Occasionally lift / carry up to 50 pounds.
• Frequently kneel, bend, squat, climb and reach.
• Secure proper assistance for transferring and lifting of residents as needed.
• Workplace includes the entire campus excluding the attic.
• Push/Pull up to 100 pounds.
• Experience: At least one year of kitchen related experience.
• General: Must complete mandatory dining orientation with Dining Services Director. Must present a neat, clean appearance and demonstrate a positive, cheerful attitude.
• Have the ability to understand and speak English at a level which allows the safe, efficient performance of the job.