|Date Posted||March 18, 2019|
York-South (Leader Heights) Community
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||2760 Pine Grove Road|
Assistant Director of Nursing (LPN)
A co-worker’s job title is only the beginning of who he/she is to our residents because here, each co-worker serves a position and a purpose. We care for our residents the way we all would want to be treated: with dignity, compassion and respect. To honor the care and commitment that they offer to our residents every day, we work hard to provide a rich benefit package, an environment which encourages career development and competitive compensation.
The Assistant Director of Nursing provides hands-on supervision of personal care staff, ensuring provision of quality resident care and the promotion of resident wellness. Provides direct nursing services to the residents ensuring optimal health and safety. In conjunction with the Director of Nursing, supports all policies, programs and philosophies of Country Meadows
Routine Functions of the Position:
• Assumes responsibility of the Director of Nursing in their absence and takes initiative to maintain the smooth operation of the facility, reporting to the administrator.
• Provides general nursing services to maintain and support optimal resident health.
• Member of the wellness team, responsible for ongoing assessments, service plans and appropriate resident placement within Country Meadows continuum of care. Communicates information from the customer service plan to the personal care staff and ensures follow through on an on-going basis.
• Supervises and directs personal care staff and nurses. Participates in coworker evaluations and coaching. Maintains coworker confidentiality.
• Maintains open communication with residents, physicians and responsible parties to ensure optimal provision of care to the residents as set forth under state and federal guidelines for confidentiality and resident rights.
• In conjunction with the Director of Nursing, responsible for compliance with company policies and procedures, pharmacy policies and procedures, and regulatory agency rules and regulations.
• Observes, reports and resolves maintenance/housekeeping functions to support safe and effective facility operations. Maintains a safe environment for residents and coworkers per OSHA regulations.
• Participates in the recruitment, hiring, training and on-going education of new coworkers.
• Provides social, emotional and spiritual support to residents and families.
• Collaborates with dining services to ensure a beneficial dining experience for each resident.
• Collaborates with the Activity Service Coordinator and therapy department to promote optimal resident mobility and cognition.
• Recognizes actual or potential resident abuse behaviors, and responds immediately to maintain resident safety. Ensures accurate and timely communication to Director of Wellness and Administrator of same.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings and continuing education in-services.
• Ability to multitask.
• Must be dependable, punctual, self-motivated, and able to work without constant supervision.
• In case of fire or other internal disaster, assists in evacuating residents to exits.
• Protects resident rights and confidential information according to state and federal laws.
• Observe for any signs of resident abuse or neglect. Takes immediate action to prevent harm and report incidents according to company policy and state law.
Critical success factors:
• Competent nursing judgment
• Highly organized
• Adaptable and flexible
• Effective communication skills
• Stand / walk up to eight hours a day.
• Frequently support up to 70 pounds.
• Occasionally lift / carry up to 50 pounds.
• Frequently kneel, bend, squat, climb and reach.
• Secure proper assistance for transferring and lifting of residents as needed.
• Workplace includes the entire campus excluding the attic.
• Push/Pull up to 100 pounds
• Current LPN license in state where employed.
• Prior supervisory experience in the healthcare industry preferred but not required.
• Have the ability to understand and speak English at a level which allows the safe, efficient performance of the job.