|Date Posted||October 8, 2019|
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||430 Krocks Road|
As a Grounds Maintenance Worker at Country Meadows, you will play a key role in our residents’ experience in a welcoming home-like setting. Here, you will receive a consistently set paycheck, benefits and paid vacation. It’s an opportunity to connect with our residents by forming bonds and anticipating their needs!
Part-time from 8am to 2pm (includes a full benefits package!)
As a family-owned and involved company, we honor the care and commitment our co-workers share every day by providing:
• Competitive compensation.
• On-the-job training.
• Career and growth opportunities.
• Company paid uniforms (including shoes).
• Financial support with tuition for continued education.
• A family-like environment and team philosophy that encourage relationship-building with our residents.
Job Responsibilities: Year Round Outside Grounds Caretaking
• Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
• Operate vehicles or powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain-saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, or pruning saws.
• Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, or shrubs and apply mulch.
• Cultivate lawns, turf, or gardens.
• Proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, or other grounds features.
• Mow or edge lawns, using power mowers or edger. Trim trees or other vegetation.
• Rake, mulch, and compost leaves.
• Shovel/removal of snow from walks, driveways, cars and parking lots and spread salt, as needed.
• Gather and remove litter.
• Position also requires occasional inside maintenance including: plumbing, painting, carpeting, drywall, minor electrical and HVAC and other duties assigned at the discretion of the Director of Maintenance.
• Must be able to understand and empathize with the needs of our residents and fellow co-workers.
• Must be able to readily perform tasks under emergency and weather-related situations.
• Valid driver’s license; must have a clean driving record with no major violations in past three years.
About Country Meadows:
We have over 2500 co-workers who are serving our residents with meaning, thriving with purpose and leading our company with innovation! We have been serving seniors for over 30 years, and we invite you to join our vision for making lives better.