|Date Posted||May 22, 2019|
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||4837 East Trindle Road|
Now hiring at $15 per hour
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - 1st or 2nd shift
A co-worker’s job title is only the beginning of who he/she is to our residents because here, each co-worker serves a position and a purpose. We care for our residents the way we all would want to be treated: with dignity, compassion and respect. To honor the care and commitment that they offer to our residents every day, we work hard to provide a rich benefit package, an environment which encourages career development and competitive compensation.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) performs hands on care for residents in a nursing home setting.
• Practices responsible teamwork as evidenced by openly communicating with coworkers, participation in facility meetings, commitment to workgroup’s efforts to improve operations or resolve problems and a willingness to lend assistance to other campus co-workers.
• Daily mouth and denture care
• Bathing and clothing (bed or shower) including foley and peri care. Hair care shampoo and combing. Shave as needed, males and females. Resident dressing and under-dressing. Observe skin appearance. Nail care to include cleaning, trimming and clipping (does not include toe nails).
• Make beds and change linen.
• Keep residents dry and clean. Briefs to be checked every two hours. Assist residents with bowel and bladder functions every two hours. Maintain Input and Output records.
• Assist resident in preparation for special tests.
• Assist in preparing residents for PT, OT, Speech Therapy, Activities, and Social Programs.
• Assist in transporting residents.
• Bed rest residents turn, reposition every two hours.
• Assure splints, supportive devices are used as directed.
• Routinely read Resident Care Plan.
• Provide eye, nose, and ear care.
• Vital signs as assigned by charge nurse.
• Assist with care of the dying resident and Post-Mortem Care.
• Round on residents to assure care needs are being met.
• Communicate with residents: include date, season, weather, current affairs, their feelings, likes, and dislikes, etc. Offer encouragement for progression; intercede when repression is observed by reporting to LPN/RN. Provide reality orientation.
• Provide daily ROM exercises.
• Report any changes in the environment.
• Prepare residents for meals.
-Knock on doors before entering
-Keep privacy curtain pulled when caring for resident
-Treat all residents with respect, kindness and dignity
-Be sure all nursing care is administered in a private environment, ie: close curtains/ doors
-Report all resident complaints to RN and or DON/ADON
• Maintain completion of ADL, I & O, BM list, and Weights.
• Assist with admissions, transfers, discharges, as appropriate.
• Observes for signs of resident abuse or neglect. Takes immediate action to prevent harm and to report incidents according to company policy and state law.
• Protects resident rights and confidential information according to state and federal laws.
• Ability to multitask.
• Must be kind, sympathetic, and respectful, and otherwise demonstrate good judgment concerning the rights of others.
• Must engage in good grooming habits and professional conduct toward residents, families and staff.
• Must be able to work and communicate effectively with others.
• Must be dependable, punctual, self-motivated, and able to work without constant supervision.
• In case of fire or other internal disaster, assists in evacuating residents to exits.
• Stand / walk up to eight hours a day.
• Frequently support up to 70 pounds.
• Occasionally lift / carry up to 50 pounds.
• Frequently kneel, bend, squat, climb and reach.
• Secure proper assistance for transferring and lifting of residents as needed.
• Workplace includes the entire campus excluding the attic.
• Push/Pull up to 100 pounds
• Must be a licensed Certified Nursing Assistant and in good standing in the state of PA.
• Have the ability to understand and speak English at a level which allows the safe, efficient performance of the job.