|Date Posted||February 13, 2019|
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||430 N Krocks Rd|
Community Life Assistant
A co-worker’s job title is only the beginning of who he/she is to our residents because here, each co-worker serves a position and a purpose. We care for our residents the way we all would want to be treated: with dignity, compassion and respect. To honor the care and commitment that they offer to our residents every day, we work hard to provide a rich benefit package, an environment which encourages career development and competitive compensation.
The Community Life Assistant works to encourage resident participation in activities. Assists the Community Life Coordinator and/or Community Life Associate with daily activities.
Routine Functions of the Position:
• Leads activities
• Supports and encourages residents to take the lead on various activities to promote a sense of pride.
• Supports the Community Life Coordinator and/or Community Life Associate by assisting wherever needed: shopping, dining out, activities, preparation for events and activities, decorating etc.
• Encouraged to help with the planning of the monthly calendar to implement activities of interest.
• Encouraged to share talents and hobbies with residents to offer diversified activities.
• Transports residents to various functions using company vehicles.
• Constantly promoting a positive encouraging environment to motivate resident participation.
• Responsible for acting as a new resident Ambassador as assigned by the Community Life Director.
• Ability to multitask.
• Must be dependable, punctual, self-motivated, and able to work without constant supervision.
• In case of fire or other internal disaster, assists in evacuating residents to exits.
• Protects resident rights and confidential information according to state and federal laws.
• Observe for any signs of resident abuse or neglect. Takes immediate action to prevent harm and report incidents according to company policy and state law.
Critical Success Factors:
• Energetic, personable, positive, enthusiastic, creative, imaginative
• Able to communicate intentions and directions to residents and coworkers.
• Be an effective listener/empathetic. Effective oral and written language skills.
• Ability to be self motivating.
• Strong motivational skills to positively influence resident participation.
• Requires standing, walking, twisting, bending, pushing, kneeling, stooping, stretching, lifting a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Must be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds.
• Must be capable of operating a variety of company activities-related equipment (ranging from passenger vehicles such as a 14 passenger bus to office equipment, kitchen equipment, gardening tools, games and sports equipment).
• Work place includes the entire building and surrounding grounds; all areas necessitated by off-site trips and events.
• Prior experience in group socialization or recreational programs preferred but not required.
• Education: High School diploma or GED.
• Valid driver’s license: must have clean driving record with no major violations.
• Have the ability to understand and speak English at a level which allows the safe, efficient performance of the job.