|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||4011 Green Pond Road|
Country Meadows is one of the three senior living communities in the US that is recognized by Volunteers of America for our Validation Technique and certification. As the Dementia Program Manager for our memory support Alzheimer’s and Dementia neighborhood, you will plan, implement and oversee the memory care program in accordance with company guidelines.
Shift is: 8:00am - 4:30pm , one weekend a month
- Recently increased compensation rates
- Benefits package
- Career and growth opportunities
- Financial support with tuition for continued education
Dementia Program Manager Responsibilities:
- Supervises all memory care co-workers to ensure their success in support of resident well-being.
- Maintains staffing schedules to meet the needs of the neighborhood.
- Utilizes Validation-based approaches to care when working with residents who exhibit challenging behaviors and models and teaches those approaches to co-workers.
- Builds family relationships and educates and counsels family members on Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Participates in recruiting, interviewing and selecting neighborhood personnel; reacts in a timely fashion to ensure continuous full staffing.
- Addresses staff development needs by presenting and participating in education programs in healthcare programs, including initial training of new co-workers and assistance with formal Program training plan.
Dementia Program Manager Requirements:
- Prior experience in small group socialization and programming preferred.
- Prior experience in assisted living, long term care, skilled nursing facility or similar environment.
- Experience in managing staff and/or volunteers in an environment with adults.
- College degree in Recreation Therapy / Human or Social Services / Geriatrics and / or two (2) years of equivalent work experience in field.
- Willing to complete Validation training to level of Certified Group Worker.
- Ability to complete and maintain certification in CPR.
- Ability to perform the physical tasks required in this type of role.
About Country Meadows:
We have over 2500 co-workers who are serving our residents with meaning, thriving with purpose and leading our company with innovation! We have been serving seniors for over 30 years, and we invite you to join our vision for making lives better.