|Date Posted||April 29, 2021|
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||451Sand Hill Road|
Opportunity to gain experience and learn about the dining department in a senior living setting. Rotational experience in the following departments: Dietary – front and back of the house, with possible exposure as interested to: Activities, Human Resources, Housekeeping, and Front Office. Shadowing experience will be available if interested for direct care positions. *May be restrictions for those under age 18 due to child labor laws and DHS regulations*
Routine Functions of the Position:
- Dining Associate – Works with the dining room teams in accordance with company standards. Assist with meeting or exceeding resident dining expectations. Ensures proper table set up and service to the customers. Learns the experience of how to take food orders, interact with the customers and how to interpret the menu. Experience how to properly clean and sanitize dining, food preparation, and storage areas. Learns how to conduct inventory, key in food orders and manage existing stock areas. .
- Culinary Associate- Assists with cooking and prep work alongside the culinary teams, and learns confectionary and baking skills. Intern will learn how to follow recipes and production records to ensure consistency. Will be taught how to plate and garnish for eye appeal. Meets with residents and listens to their expectations as a customer. May be able to become ServSafe certified which is a certification recognized by the National Restaurant Association. Will learn proper inventory control and how to use approved vendors for food and supplies.
- Current High school or CTC student
- Age 16
- Must present a neat, clean appearance and demonstrate a positive, cheerful attitude.
- General: Successful candidate will have an outgoing personality, superior communication skills and strong customer service orientation. Must present a neat, clean appearance and demonstrate a positive, cheerful attitude.