|Date Posted||February 19, 2019|
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||430 Krocks Road|
Dining Room Coordinator
A co-worker’s job title is only the beginning of who he/she is to our residents because here, each co-worker serves a position and a purpose. We care for our residents the way we all would want to be treated: with dignity, compassion and respect. To honor the care and commitment that they offer to our residents every day, we work hard to provide a rich benefit package, an environment which encourages career development and competitive compensation.
The Dining Room Coordinator ensures that the dining room(s) run in a smooth and professional manner. Responsible for dining area resident satisfaction with concern to service, sanitation, productivity and safety. Will have QMI accountability for dining area. Monitors all dining procedures to see that the resident's expectations are met or exceeded. Responsible for training all Dining Associates in the 5 STARS of meal service. Other relevant duties may be required or assigned by management.
Routine Functions of the Position:
• Interviews and hires all Dining Associates with approval of Director of Dining Services. Works with DOW to make sure that all dining room service positions (where PCA's are utilized) are scheduled at all times.
• Responsible for the training of new Dining Associates and PCAs and monitors adherence to all new and existing procedures. Performs Dining Associate's evaluations in a timely manner.
• Assists Director of Dining Services in planning, coordinating, and implementing all aspects of special functions.
• Communicates with Director of Dining Services regarding par stock of tableware and supplies.
• Assists in controlling waste through portion control.
• Assures resident satisfaction through presenting a dining room atmosphere that is organized, clean, noise free, and unrushed, thus creating an enjoyable dining experience.
• Communicates openly with residents, visitors, and co-workers. Relays likes and dislikes of menu items or service by residents to Director of Dining Services.
• Participates in monthly table rep meetings or table talks.
• Responsible for welcoming new residents and introducing them to other residents and co-workers. Instructs new residents in all dining room procedures.
• Assures that table set up is in compliance with company standards. Ensures that sanitation and cleanliness standards are met as it relates to equipment, utensils, procedures, and physical areas.
• Practices good safety awareness and procedures.
Critical Success Factors:
• Must be a good listener, mediator and empathetic
• Demonstrated skill in interviewing, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating
• Willing to be part of a team, and relay team concepts to all dining staff and other co-workers.
• Knowledge of dining room operations and procedures.
• Demonstrated skill in food presentation
• Ability to multitask.
• Must be dependable, punctual, self-motivated, and able to work without constant supervision.
• In case of fire or other internal disaster, assists in evacuating residents to exits.
• Protects resident rights and confidential information according to state and federal laws.
• Observe for any signs of resident abuse or neglect. Takes immediate action to prevent harm and report incidents according to company policy and state law.
• Able to communicate/mobility/vision/reading/hearing/manual dexterity
• Continuous standing (100%)
• Walking (20%)
• Lifting and carrying (40 lbs.) and push/pull 50lbs.
• Frequent pushing and pulling/occasional stooping/bending/crouching
• Workplace includes entire campus and occasional off-site functions
• Hourly non-exempt position
• Have the ability to understand and speak English at a level which allows the safe, efficient performance of the job.
• Experience: At least one year's dining room experience and some training/leadership experience
• Education: High School diploma or GED. Completion of National Sanitation
Course or willingness to complete within 6 months of hire.
• General: Successful candidate will have an outgoing personality, solid communication skills and strong customer service orientation. Must present a neat, clean appearance and demonstrate a positive, cheerful attitude.