|Date Posted||February 4, 2019|
Harrisburg (Ecumenical Community)
|Company Name||Ecumenical Retirement Communitiy|
|Address||3525 Canby Street|
Community Life Director
A co-worker’s job title is only the beginning of who he/she is to our residents because here, each co-worker serves a position and a purpose. We care for our residents the way we all would want to be treated: with dignity, compassion and respect. To honor the care and commitment that they offer to our residents every day, we work hard to provide a rich benefit package, an environment which encourages career development and competitive compensation.
The Community Life Director works in conjunction with Community Life Coordinators and Community Life Associates to create a multi-faceted calendar of events that encourages individuality, participation and leadership. Creates and maintains a diversified spectrum of community partnerships to provide opportunities for volunteering, purposeful service, intergenerational programming, lifelong learning and resident led activities.
Routine Functions of the Position:
• Evaluates and monitors monthly calendars to ensure QMI standards.
• Ensures that we are “delivering on our Promise” to provide activities that promote a feeling of independence, a sense of fulfillment, accomplishment and a need to be needed for all residents.
• Establishes and maintains community partnerships to offer a wide variety of choices for residents.
• Networks in the community to collaborate with other businesses to promote joint programming.
• Establishes and fosters positive working relationships between Community Life and other departments.
• Supports Community Life Coordinators and Community Life Associates in their efforts to provide a well balanced calendar of programs and events.
• Interacts with campus leadership to identify obstacles and plans solutions to help achieve goals.
• Ensures that monthly administrative tasks are complete: credit card statements, volunteer information, Community Life Submission forms, team target information, etc.
• Monitors the use of financial records and monthly reports.
• Works with Regional Director of Community Life, Executive Director of Community life and the campus Executive Director to promote and support Community Life.
• Acts as a role model leading fellow professionals in taking a pro-active approach in the daily operations of community life.
• Encourages constant growth and life throughout the campus and community at large.
• Transports residents to various activities and events in the community.
• Works in conjunction with campus pet coordinator to encourage pet ownership and pet clubs.
• Responsible for implementing and overseeing the campus Ambassador program.
• Ability to multitask.
• Must be dependable, punctual, self-motivated, and able to work without constant supervision.
• In case of fire or other internal disaster, assists in evacuating residents to exits.
• Protects resident rights and confidential information according to state and federal laws.
• Observe for any signs of resident abuse or neglect. Takes immediate action to prevent harm and report incidents according to company policy and state law.
Critical Success Factors:
• Demonstrated skill in training, supervising and evaluating. Knowledge of staffing and scheduling.
• Must have strong organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize when necessary.
• Strong leadership skills, ability to set goals and direct others to achievement.
• Able to communicate a clear vision of Community Life.
• Successful experience with problem solving.
• Has established a bank of local and regional resources.
• Possess the confidence needed to establish and develop new community partnerships.
• Facility based position with outings in local community.
• Requires standing, walking, twisting, bending, pushing, kneeling, stooping, stretching, lifting a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Must be able to push/pull 100 pounds.
• Must be capable of operating a variety of company activities-related equipment (ranging from passenger vehicles such as a 14 passenger bus to office equipment, kitchen equipment, gardening tools, games and sports equipment).
• Will transport residents to outside activities.
• Computer skills.
• High School diploma or GED. College degree in recreation or therapeutic recreation or equivalent preferred.
• Previous experience in group socialization or recreational programs required.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Previous management experience preferred.
• Activity Director Certification preferred.
• Valid driver’s license: must have clean driving record with no major violations.
• Have the ability to understand and speak English at a level which allows the safe, efficient performance of the job.