|Date Posted||January 9, 2019|
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||410 Krocks Road|
Director of Dining Services
A co-worker’s job title is only the beginning of who he/she is to our residents because here, each co-worker serves a position and a purpose. We care for our residents the way we all would want to be treated: with dignity, compassion and respect. To honor the care and commitment that they offer to our residents every day, we work hard to provide a rich benefit package, an environment which encourages career development and competitive compensation.
Director of Dining Services provides overall management of the Dining Services team, including satisfactory staffing levels, education and training, and timely evaluations. The Director of Dining Services is also responsible for kitchen and dining area sanitation, productivity, safety, and QMI's. Other relevant duties may be required or assigned by management.
Routine Functions of the Position:
• Ensures that all aspects of the Dining Services Department runs efficiently
• Interviews and hires prospective co-workers
• Responsible for continuing education and training of staff
• Coaches and mentors co-workers on a daily basis
• Evaluates all co-workers in department by conducting performance reviews
• Manages activities of department, including purchasing, inventory par levels, portion control, menu requirements, budget requirements, and maintaining above average scores on QMI's.
• Demonstrates proper safety issues as related to dining services
• Provides residents with a dining experience that meets or exceeds their expectations.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of all kitchen related equipment, including preventative maintenance and keeping a pleasant dining room atmosphere
• Maintains temperature logs, daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning charts, and costing sheets to keep track of other department's need for food and supplies
• Attends and participates in meetings and training of co-workers
Critical Success Factors:
• Ability to work effectively with Executive Director and resource staff
• Ability to work effectively with co-workers within department and other departments
• Able to communicate with co-workers and residents in a positive professional manner.
• Knowledge of inventory control and ordering procedures.
• Superior customer service orientation
• Willing to be part of a team, and teach team concepts to co-workers
• Able to communicate/mobility/vision/reading/hearing/manual dexterity
• Continuous standing (100%)
• Walking (20%)
• Lifting and carrying (40 lbs.) and push/pull 50lbs.
• Frequent pushing and pulling/occasional stooping/bending/crouching
• Workplace includes entire campus and occasional off-site functions
•Salaried exempt position
• Ability to multitask.
•Must be dependable, punctual, self-motivated, and able to work without constant supervision.
•In case of fire or other internal disaster, assists in evacuating residents to exits.
•Protects resident rights and confidential information according to state and federal laws.
• Observe for any signs of resident abuse or neglect. Takes immediate action to prevent harm and report incidents according to company policy and state law.
• Experience: At least 3 years in the food service industry in supervisory role
• Education: High School diploma or GED. Culinary or Hospitality degree preferred. Must have a National Sanitation Certificate or be willing to complete a National Sanitation Course within six months of hire
• General: Successful candidate will have an outgoing personality, solid communication skills and strong customer service orientation. Must present a neat, clean appearance and demonstrate a positive, cheerful attitude
• Have the ability to understand and speak English at a level which allows the safe, efficient performance of the job.