|Date Posted||August 16, 2019|
PRN (as needed)
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||1380 Elm Avenue|
Various Hours/Days Available (PRN, as needed)
This is so much more than a Driver position. You will be spending one-on-one time with our amazing residents, getting to know them and learn about their lives. Yes, you are responsible for their safe transportation to and from appointments but you are also a companion for the resident. They may be excited to be traveling to where you are taking them so you are able to join in on the fun or they may need a sympathetic ear after getting news at the doctor’s office. To them (and us) you are more than just your title of “Driver.”
As a family-owned company, we honor the care and commitment our co-workers share every day by providing:
• A rich benefits package
• Competitive compensation
• Flexible schedule and some weekend and holidays off
• Financial support with tuition for continued education
• An environment and philosophy that encourages relationship- building with our residents
• Drives resident to and from appointments according to the transportation schedule and the needs of the facility or campus, using the designated Country Meadows vehicle.
• Assists residents with entering and exiting the vehicles when necessary; also assists residents into and/or out of the destination when necessary.
• Ensures that any resident paperwork is dropped off at each physician’s office and returned to the nurse’s office upon the resident’s return.
• Being a supportive member of the wellness team, encouraging residents to be as independent as possible but supporting the resident as necessary.
• Inspects the car daily to ensure that there are no issues of safety that need immediate attention.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• No major traffic violations over the past 5 years.
• Should be familiar with general locale and roads in the service area.
• Have the ability to understand and speak English at a level which allows the safe, efficient performance of the job.
• Able to perform under emergency situations.
• Ability to perform the physical tasks required in this type of role.
About Country Meadows:
We have over 2500 co-workers, who are serving our residents with meaning, offering purpose and leading our company with innovation! We have been in business for over 30 years, and we look forward to inviting you to join our vision for making lives better!