|Date Posted||July 18, 2019|
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||4011 Green Pond Rd.|
Shift available is 8am-4pm/Various days available
A co-worker’s job title is only the beginning of who he/she is to our residents because here, each co-worker serves a position and a purpose. We care for our residents the way we all would want to be treated: with dignity, compassion and respect. To honor the care and commitment that they offer to our residents every day, we work hard to provide a rich benefit package, an environment which encourages career development and competitive compensation.
The Driver is responsible for safe transportation to and from appointments, outings, and activities as well as planning drop off and pick up times to ensure timely service. Maintains the company vehicles used to transport residents in a safe clean condition.
• Assists residents with entering and exiting the vehicles when necessary; also assists residents into and/or out of the destination when necessary.
• Ensures that any resident paperwork is dropped off at each physician’s office and returned to the nurse’s office upon the resident’s return.
• Ensures that each vehicle that is used for resident transportation has sufficient fuel to cover the current shift of appointments as well as the following shift.
• Maintains the cleanliness of all vehicles used for resident transportation by vacuuming the seats and floor, cleaning the windows and keeping the dash and interior clean.
• Inspects the car daily to ensure that there are no issues of safety that need immediate attention. (i.e. tire pressure, emergency lights, turn signals, oil levels, car body).
• Represents Country Meadows in the community through a positive attitude and a neat personal appearance.
• Ability to be self-supervising and self-motivated.
• Ability to be able to communicate in English both orally and in writing and comprehend the same.
• Must not pose a direct threat to health and safety of self or others.
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
• Must be courteous and respectful to residents, staff and community contacts.
• Must be able to use good judgment and help residents solve simple problems.
• Must be able to understand and empathize with the needs of people.
• Must be able to perform under emergency situations.
• May need to provide direct care, including toileting, to the residents.
• Observe for any signs of resident abuse or neglect. Takes immediate action to prevent harm and report incidents according to company policy and state law.
• Protects resident rights and confidential information according to state and federal laws.
• Ability to multitask.
• Must be dependable, punctual, self-motivated, and able to work without constant supervision.
• In case of fire or other internal disaster, assists in evacuating residents to exits.
• Requires normal range vision, hearing, hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
• Must be capable of operating Country Meadows vehicles safely.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Must be able to push/pull 100lbs.
• Requires sitting, reaching, lifting, twisting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, squatting and bending.
• Education: High school diploma or GED.
• Valid Driver’s License
• No major traffic violations over the past 3 years.
• Should be familiar with general locale and roads in the service area.
• CPR certification is desirable.
• Have the ability to understand and speak English at a level which allows the safe, efficient performance of the job.