|Date Posted||February 15, 2019|
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||430 North Krocks Road|
A co-worker’s job title is only the beginning of who he/she is to our residents because here, each co-worker serves a position and a purpose. We care for our residents the way we all would want to be treated: with dignity, compassion and respect. To honor the care and commitment that they offer to our residents every day, we work hard to provide a rich benefit package, an environment which encourages career development and competitive compensation.
The Executive Chef provides leadership and culinary expertise in the kitchen. Provides excellent customer service to ensure efficient, timely, and friendly service to all residents and co-workers. Maintains proper sanitation procedures and high quality food preparation and presentation. Orders, receives, and rotates stock in conjunction with Director of Dining. Maintains team spirit within the kitchen and dining rooms, encouraging cooperation among co-workers. Manages the kitchen staff and adjusts schedule as necessary. Responsible for maintaining above average aduit scores in areas of sanitation and food production.
• Maintains production book, controls portion size, and makes sure waste is under control.
• Helps to maintain sufficient inventory.
• Communicates with both residents and co-workers effectively. Recognizes and respects resident's rights.
• Assists with all special events as needed. Helps plan special menus as needed.
• Gives input on new menu items and recipes.
• Ensures that new co-workers get proper training in food preparation, equipment operation, and knowledge of general cleaning and sanitation procedures.
• Maintains temperature logs and daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning charts.
• Must be able to cook in large quantities and for large groups
• Must be able to communicate intentions and directions to residents and co-workers, in English, both orally and in writing.
• Willing to be part of a team, and teach team concept to co-workers.
• Knowledge of equipment operation and maintenance.
• Knowledge of inventory control and ordering procedures.
• Must know and have good sanitation and cleanliness practices.
• Observe for any signs of resident abuse or neglect. Takes immediate action to prevent harm and report incidents according to company policy and state law.
• Protects resident rights and confidential information according to state and federal laws.
• Ability to multitask.
• Must be dependable, punctual, self-motivated, and able to work without constant supervision.
• In case of fire or other internal disaster, assists in evacuating residents to exits.
• Able to communicate/mobility/vision/reading/hearing/manual dexterity.
• Continuous standing (100%).
• Walking (20%).
• Lifting and carrying (40 lbs.) and push/pull 50lbs.
• Frequent pushing and pulling/occasional stooping/bending/crouching.
• Workplace includes entire campus and occasional off-site functions.
• Experience: Four years of cooking experience, quantity cooking, scheduling, inventory control, and purchasing. Supervisory experience preferred
• Education: High School diploma or GED. Culinary degree preferred. Must have a National Sanitation Certificate or be willing to complete a National Sanitation Course within six months of hire
• General: Successful candidate will have an outgoing personality, solid communication skills and strong customer service orientation. Must present a neat, clean appearance and demonstrate a positive, cheerful attitude
• Have the ability to understand and speak English at a level which allows the safe, efficient performance of the job.