|Date Posted||May 4, 2021|
|Address||1920 Trolley Rd.|
Lifesong Hospice and Palliative Care is growing! We are now hiring an Administrative Assistant to join this new subsidiary of Country Meadows and Providence Place Retirement Communities. As a Hospice Administrative Assistant you will be responsible for assisting in the daily functions of the clinical department to ensure compliance of the hospice services program consistent with Lifesong Hospice and Palliative Care policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal laws.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous paid time off
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including gloves, face shields and facemasks
- Access to the COVID vaccine
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assist the Clinical Manager and hospice team regarding patient records, clinical office information and other secretarial needs.
- Sends, receives, communicates and tracks faxes, physician orders and other patient related information.
- Establishes new patient record in the EMR and updates information as directed.
- Answers telephone or assists with telephone answering and relays messages and calls as appropriate.
- Maintains office and clinical supply room, informs Clinical Manager of items needing to be ordered, and puts away items in an organized fashion.
- Tracks daily census, Team census to include benefit period and start and end dates.
- Assist the Clinical Department with audits, tracking, reports and data gathering as directed by the Clinical Manager.
- Maintains visit schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Administrative Assistant Requirements:
- High school graduate, or GED equivalent; Associates degree (or higher) preferred.
- Recent experience with electronic and paper medical records system; home care/hospice agency preferred.
- Excellence in both written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of human problems, tact and diplomacy in facilitation of relationships with staff and the public.
- Knowledge of computer usage and Microsoft office programs.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle delicate situations.
About Lifesong Hospice:
Working only in Country Meadows, Ecumenical, and Providence Place Retirement Communities, Lifesong co-workers personalize hospice care plans to help our resident’s transition to be as comfortable as possible and tailored to their needs. We seek to celebrate the meaning of their lives and ensure that their unique legacy is honored. We want to inspire our caregivers to create harmony for each unique life story.