|Location||Harrisburg, United States|
|Date Posted||January 9, 2019|
Harrisburg (Lifesong Hospice)
|Company Name||Lifesong Hospice|
Lifesong Hospice and Palliative Care is a new subsidiary of Country Meadows and Providence Place Retirement Communities.
Business Office Manager
An employee’s job title is only the beginning of who he/she is to our patients because here, each employee serves a position and a purpose. We care for our patients the way we all would want to be treated: with dignity, compassion and respect. To honor the care and commitment that they offer to our patients every day, we work hard to provide a rich benefit package, an environment which encourages career development and competitive compensation.
The person in this position is responsible for performance of office management functions to ensure compliance of the hospice services program consistent with Lifesong Hospice and Palliative Care policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal laws.
Routine Functions of the Position
1. Complete working knowledge of the Lifesong Hospice and Palliative Care (LHPC) computer system, ability to assure retrieval of all patient and employee information and locate & track as appropriate.
2. Serve as liaison to hospice team regarding patient records, Hospice office administration information, human resources and other secretarial needs.
3. Participate as member of hospice management team and facilitate discussion of needs in area of responsibility.
4. Ownership of intake, referral and pending management to ensure rapid and effective onboarding of new patients and oversight of non-admitted patients.
5. Establishes new patient record in the EMR, verifies all dates and ICD-10 diagnosis codes are entered properly. Prints daily and weekly reports.
6. Conducts monthly pre-bill audit to ensure that all consents, face-to-face visit notes, certification and recertification of terminal illness documents are in the medical record prior to release of billing.
7. Supervise administrative assistants, team assistants and receptionist; conduct business office staff and other appropriate meetings, as necessary, for purposes of providing information and support; including typing of all minutes.
8. Oversee distribution of appropriate patient/family information/records to LHPC staff.
9. Responsible for all aspects of payroll to include all processes and procedures associated with payroll. Ensure that employees are paid timely and correctly.
10. Responsible for overall maintenance and data entry of all personnel file, including new hire, status changes, terminations and other necessary for human resources functions consistent with Lifesong Hospice policies and procedures and all applicable state specific laws.
11. Responsible for orientation, interviewing, selection and training of office staff.
12. Preparation of letters and other materials, including drafts financial and statistical, narrative, and/or other letters as requested by the Executive Director.
13. Act as a liaison to corporate office for all reports and results reporting as per policy and/or request.
14. To assist in establishing, per policies of LHPC, office policy and procedures, ensuring processes, reports/results are reported to specified manager, including preparing and distributing reports
15. Provide physicians, patients, family members and other callers with information about Lifesong Hospice services.
16. To respond to hospice locations' inquiries and concerns in a sympathetic and courteous manner, and to resolve problems promptly and independently where possible.
17. To assist in the investigation and response to hospice location patients' complaints or inquiries and communicates to appropriate supervisor.
18. To maintain office supplies and reordering stock.
19. Ensures visitors are greeted and directed appropriately.
20. Willingly accepts direction from the Executive Director.
This position requires the individual to:
Stand/walk up to eight hours per day.
Sit up to eight hours per day.
Occasionally support up to 50 lbs.
Occasionally lift/carry up to 20 lbs.
Occasionally kneel, bend, and reach.
Requires standing, walking, twisting, bending, pushing, kneeling, stooping, stretching and minimal lifting.
Requires normal range hearing and vision, hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
Must be capable of operating: computer, telephone, fax machine, copier and other general office equipment.
• High school graduate; Associates degree (or higher) in business or accounting preferred.
• Experience with Medicare billing, DDE/insurance verification, one-time insurance contract negotiation.
• Experience in contracts management.
• General Human Resources experience (requirements for employment, personnel file management, etc.)
• Recent experience with electronic and paper medical records system; home care/hospice agency preferred.
• Demonstrated excellence in both written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of human problems, tact and diplomacy in facilitation of relationships with staff and the public.
• Ability to manage patient intake, referral and pending processes including follow up with referral sources, patients and families.
• Demonstrated experience in healthcare office management, ICD-10 coding certification preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of computer usage and Microsoft office programs.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and handle pressure and delicate situations.