|Date Posted||May 4, 2021|
|Address||4837 E. Trindle Rd.|
Lifesong Hospice and Palliative Care is growing! We are now hiring a full time Certified Nursing Assistant to join this new subsidiary of Country Meadows and Providence Place Retirement Communities. While this position does require travel, it will be to either Ecumenical, Providence Place or Country Meadows communities where you will see multiple patients in one trip. No longer will you be driving long distances to see just one person in their home!
You will be responsible for meeting patient care needs assigned by Team Director/Director of Clinical Services. If hired, you will be responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations, and documenting observations and care performed. Our approach is to lead with respect for our patients, honoring their life and legacy.
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Retirement plan
• Generous Paid time off
• Mileage reimbursement for travel between facilities
• Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including: gloves, face shields, facemasks to our co-workers for their safety, and the safety of our residents. Gowns are also provided where appropriate based on CDC recommendations.
• Access to the COVID vaccine
Certified Nursing Assistant Responsibilities:
• Performing personal care needs after given a patient’s assignment and attending to his/her requests promptly, always following the patient’s plan of care.
• Meeting safety needs of the patient and using equipment safely and properly.
• Provide personal care to the patient including meal preparation.
• Taking and recording temperatures, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure.
• Reporting on patient’s condition and significant changes.
• Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service, as ordered, with appropriate completed/demonstrated competency.
• Adhering to the organization’s documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
• Participates in quality assessment performance improvement terms and activities.
Certified Nursing Assistant Qualifications:
• Meets training and licensing requirements for a Certified Nursing Assistant in Pennsylvania.
• Minimum 1-year experience; experience in a nursing home, home care, or hospice preferable.
• Self-directed and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Secure with issues of death/dying and can provide a calm manner when in a patient’s home.
• Demonstrates proper boundaries, tact, patience, and good personal hygiene.
• Must maintain a driver’s license in good standing and maintain an automobile in good working order.
• Moderate proficiency with Microsoft Office, cellular technology, and EMR required.
• CPR certified and able to perform the physical tasks that are needed in this role.
About Lifesong Hospice:
Working only in Country Meadows, Ecumenical, and Providence Place Retirement Communities, Lifesong co-workers personalize hospice care plans to help our resident’s transition to be as comfortable as possible and tailored to their needs. We seek to celebrate the meaning of their lives and ensure that their unique legacy is honored. We want to inspire our caregivers to create harmony for each unique life story.