|Date Posted||October 15, 2021|
|Address||3880 Tecport Drive, Suite 2|
Lifesong Hospice and Palliative Care is growing! We are now hiring a full time LPN to join this new subsidiary of Country Meadows and Providence Place Retirement Communities. While this position does require travel, it will be to either Ecumenical, Providence Place or Country Meadows communities where you will see multiple patients in one trip. No longer will you be driving long distances to see just one person in their home! You will be responsible for meeting patient care needs assigned by Team Director/Director of Clinical Services. If hired, you will provide and ensure quality patient care and the promotion of patient wellness and enforces all policies, programs, and philosophies of Lifesong Hospice and Palliative. Our approach is to lead with respect for our patients, honoring their life and legacy.
As a family-owned and involved company, we honor the care and commitment our co-workers share every day by providing:
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Retirement plan
• Generous Paid time off
• Mileage reimbursement for travel between facilities
• Completes ongoing focused assessments of patient and family to determine hospice needs.
• Provides a complete focused physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
• Follows the care plan that establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions.
• Administers medications and treatment as prescribed by a physician in the physician’s plan of care, within the scope of practice as determined by the State of Pennsylvania.
• Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
• Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and optimal comfort care.
• Assists the patient and family/caregiver, and other team members, in providing continuity of care.
• Reports the status of schedule and rescheduled assignments, late arrivals, no-shows, and outstanding follow-up appointments to the Team Director/Director of Clinical Operations.
• Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
• Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
• LPN with current licensure to practice professional nursing in Pennsylvania.
• Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of nursing.
• Minimum one year of experience; experience in the area of palliative care, geriatric care, or hospice nursing preferred.
• Self-directed and able to work with minimum supervision.
• High proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office, cellular technology, and EMR required.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and handle pressure and delicate situations.
• CPR certified and able to perform the physical tasks that are needed in this role.
• A state driver’s license in good standing, and maintain an automobile in good working order.