|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
|Address||1150 Glenlivet Drive|
Lifesong Hospice and Palliative Care is growing! We are now hiring a full-time Registered Nurse (RN) to join this new subsidiary of Country Meadows. While this Registered Nurse (RN) position does require travel, it will only be to a Country Meadows community in the Lehigh Valley where you will see multiple patients in just one trip. Hours are Monday - Friday 8:30-5pm.
No longer will you be driving long distances to see just one person in their home! If hired, you will be joining a unique and innovative company, not something you typically hear when talking about Hospice. Our approach is to lead with respect for our patients, honoring their life and legacy.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous Paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement for travel between facilities
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including: gloves, face shields, facemasks to our co-workers for their safety, and the safety of our residents. Gowns are also provided where appropriate based on CDC recommendations.
- Access to the COVID vaccine
Registered Nurse (RN) Responsibilities:
- Completes initial, comprehensive, and ongoing assessments of patient and family to determine hospice needs.
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides healthcare instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and optimal comfort care.
- Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
- Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques, as appropriate.
- Reports the status of schedule and rescheduled assignments, late arrivals, no-shows, and outstanding follow-up appointments to the Team Director/Director of Clinical Operations.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
Registered Nurse (RN) Qualifications:
- Registered Nurse (RN) with current licensure to practice professional nursing in Pennsylvania.
- Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum one year of experience; experience in the area of palliative care, geriatric care, or hospice nursing preferred.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and handle pressure and delicate situations.
- A state driver’s license in good standing, and maintain an automobile in good working order.
- High proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office, cellular technology, and EMR required.
- Able to perform the physical tasks that are needed in this role.
About Lifesong Hospice:
Working only in Country Meadows, Ecumenical, and Providence Place Retirement Communities, Lifesong co-workers personalize hospice care plans to help our resident’s transition to be as comfortable as possible and tailored to their needs. We seek to celebrate the meaning of their lives and ensure that their unique legacy is honored. We want to inspire our caregivers to create harmony for each unique life story.