|Date Posted||May 6, 2019|
PRN (as needed)
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||4837 East Trindle Road|
A co-worker’s job title is only the beginning of who he/she is to our residents because here, each co-worker serves a position and a purpose. We care for our residents the way we all would want to be treated: with dignity, compassion and respect. To honor the care and commitment that they offer to our residents every day, we work hard to provide a rich benefit package, an environment which encourages career development and competitive compensation.
The Housekeeping Associate performs daily cleaning tasks for resident rooms, nursing stations, lounges, restrooms, offices, clinic areas, and any other areas assigned in accordance with standard procedures of the Housekeeping Department and in accordance with facility standards and objectives.
Routine Functions of the Position:
To perform most of the position responsibilities, the Housekeeper shall or may:
• Perform all Housekeeping-related tasks demonstrating service orientation to fellow coworkers, residents, and customers.
• Perform basic cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods:
• Dusts horizontal surfaces
• Empties wastebaskets, removes waste, relines basket
• Damp wipe or dusts all furniture
• Cleans and polishes metal, plastic, and porcelain fixtures in bathrooms
• Mops and sanitizes floors of rooms and offices
• Spot cleans walls and windows
• Polishes metal surfaces
• Replenishes room supplies
• Performs "discharge" and “annual” cleaning as assigned
• Vacuums carpets; spot cleans as needed
• Sorts and distributes linen as assigned
• Transports soiled linen to laundry room
• Wash, dry, and fold linen as assigned
• Perform heavier cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods:
• Vacuum and shampoo carpets for cleaning and bacteria control
• Cycle clean light fixtures and windows
• Cycle clean ceilings and walls
• Assist in cleaning of emergency spills when observed or upon request
• Maintain assigned equipment for cleanliness and recommends repairs as needed
• Observe and report the general need for repairs to equipment, furniture, building and fixtures
• In case of fire or other internal disaster, assists in evacuating residents to exits
• Perform all other tasks which may be assigned
• Ability to multitask.
• Must be dependable, punctual, self-motivated, and able to work without constant supervision.
• In case of fire or other internal disaster, assists in evacuating residents to exits.
• Protects resident rights and confidential information according to state and federal laws.
• Observe for any signs of resident abuse or neglect. Takes immediate action to prevent harm and report incidents according to company policy and state law.
Critical Success Factors:
Either possesses or is willing and able to learn the following:
• Exhibits a positive customer service attitude, which includes respect, friendliness and willingness to assist others, consistent completion of job duties, well groomed appearance.
• Displays personal initiative to complete work without constant supervision, by reliable work attendance, and by taking responsibility to address work related problems with the proper individuals.
• Communication skills that include careful listening, sensitivity to emotions attached to the message, thoughtful responses, timely and accurate reporting to appropriate people.
• Commitment to confidentiality that pertains to both resident and co-worker information. Relates personal information only to appropriate supervisory co-workers for action or attention.
• Approaches work with a flexible attitude. Can change course of activity with changing resident demands without experiencing undue stress or frustration.
The Housekeeper has a small amount of interaction, to include the following:
• Working primarily independently of other housekeepers.
• Taking regular direction from Housekeeping Lead.
• May be called upon to interact with facility coworkers, residents, and customers.
• Stand/walk up to eight hours a day.
• Sit up to two hours a day.
• Frequently kneel, bend, and reach.
• Operate washers and dryers, vacuum cleaner, call bell/intercom/telephone systems, and other housekeeping equipment deemed necessary and appropriate.
• Workplace includes entire building, excluding the attic.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds and push/pull 100 pounds.
• Experience: Entry level position. Prior experience in similar environment preferred.
• Certification/License: Current CPR certification preferred.
• After initial training, demonstrate ability to utilize supplies, tools and equipment properly
• Have the ability to lift 50 pounds
• Have the ability to understand and speak English at a level which allows the safe, efficient performance of the job.