|Date Posted||September 15, 2020|
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||1380 Elm Avenue|
The Housekeeping Supervisor role has a dual focus. The first focus is the daily management of the housekeeping staff, which includes hiring, training, scheduling, evaluation of staff, and oversight of housekeeping operation; second, to perform routine housekeeping tasks as a housekeeper would. This is accomplished by normally spending 40% of the time supervising, and 60% of the time performing housekeeping tasks.
We are also providing Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including: gloves, face shields, facemasks to our co-workers for their safety, and the safety of our residents. Gowns are also provided where appropriate based on CDC recommendations.
As a family-owned company, we honor the care and commitment our co-workers share every day by providing:
• A rich benefits package
• Competitive compensation
• Career and growth opportunities
• Financial support with tuition for continued education
• An environment and philosophy that encourages relationship-building with our residents
Routine Functions of the Position
Supervisory Component: (40% of time)
• Responsible for daily oversight of the housekeeping operation/staff to ensure a proper level of sanitation is maintained, and the facility maintains a positive appearance/image to provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for interviewing/hiring of housekeeping staff.
• Responsible for mentoring/training housekeepers and other staff on the proper housekeeping procedures related to cleaning resident apartments and common areas.
• Responsible for maintaining the work schedules of entire housekeeping staff to ensure proper coverage.
• Responsible for conducting evaluations of the housekeeping staff’s job performance.
• Responsible for inventory management of all cleaning & linen supplies and preparation of linens.
Housekeeping Component: (60% of time)
• Vacuums and dusts all living areas of resident units. Changes linens/makes beds. Removes trash in all units.
• Thoroughly cleans and disinfects all resident bathroom surfaces using approved products.
• Vacuums and dusts all common and office areas. Removes trash from all common and office areas. Cleans and disinfects all bathrooms for public and co-worker use using approved products only.
• Checks and cleans, if needed, laundry room, service kitchen, activity room, dining room.
• Maintains and protects resident and co-worker confidentiality.
• Encourages resident participation in activities within facility.
• Recognizes and respects residents’ rights.
• Recognizes and reports fire/safety hazards in building. Reports maintenance needs promptly. Takes all appropriate safety precautions to minimize risk of injury to resident, self, and other co-workers.
• Participates in continuing education programs to promote self-development and contributes to the development of the team by helping new co-workers learn job tasks and responsibilities
• Practices responsible teamwork as evidenced by participation in facility meetings, commitment to workgroup’s efforts to improve operations or resolve problems, and a willingness to lend assistance to other facility and campus co-workers.
• Performs other relevant duties as assigned or as necessary.
• Experience: Housekeeping experience and some supervisory experience.
• General: Successful candidate will have an outgoing personality, solid communication skills and strong customer service orientation. Must present a neat, clean appearance and demonstrate a positive, cheerful attitude.
• Basic knowledge of computers.
About Country Meadows:
We have over 2500 co-workers, who are serving our residents with meaning, offering purpose and leading our company with innovation! We have been in business for over 30 years, and we look forward to inviting you to join our vision for making lives better!