|Date Posted||February 13, 2019|
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||4011 Green Pond Road|
Human Resources - Summer Internship
Intern will work out of the Allentown, Bethlehem, Forks or Wyomissing Campus.
A co-worker’s job title is only the beginning of who he/she is to our residents because here, each co-worker serves a position and a purpose. We care for our residents the way we all would want to be treated: with dignity, compassion and respect. To honor the care and commitment that they offer to our residents every day, we work hard to provide a rich benefit package, an environment which encourages career development and competitive compensation.
An HR Intern will assist the campus Employment Specialist to successfully source, screen and recommend candidates for employment with Country Meadows and the Ecumenical Communities. Conduct various forms of pre-employment assessments and recruitment and retention reporting/analysis.
Routine Functions of the Position:
• Post positions internally and on external job boards. Source candidates, perform initial phone screens and assist with team interviews, make recommendations for second interviews or no further interest. Will receive training on current ATS (Applicant Tracking System) – Intrada.
• Perform background checks and reference checks for successful applicants. Background checks will include: PATCH (Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History), DataFacts, FBI, Megan’s List, working with FCRA letters, completing drug test using Intercept, I9 Verification.
• Assist campus Employment Specialist with HR related project.
• Participate in facility retention efforts, including planning special events to recognize and show appreciation for our amazing co-workers.
• Based on the interns interests, each interns will have the opportunity to meet with our VP of Human Resources, Executive Director of Employee Relations, Employment Manager, Benefits Administrator, ED of Training and Development to learn more about different aspects of human resources including but not limited to: internal investigations, managing co-worker benefits, onboarding and training, management, marketing, payroll, workers compensation / safety, and/or EAP / D&A assistance.
• Experience: Knowledge of and strong interest in learning more about Recruiting and Human Resources.
• Education: Currently enrolled in or recently completed Human Resources Management or Healthcare Administration degree program from an accredited college.
• General: Successful candidate will have an outgoing personality, superior communication skills and strong customer service orientation. Must present a neat, clean appearance and demonstrate a positive, cheerful attitude. Valid state issued driver license and limited local travel are a requirement of this position.